To email applicants through Manage Submissions:
- Go to Manage your site.
- Click the name of the Applicant Group you want to manage.
- Select the submissions whose applicants you want to email. You can use the Search by or Filters to pull up a list of specific submissions.
- Click Send Email dropdown
- Click Use Selected. Or, choose Use All to email all applicants.
- Choose to Create new email, Create email from template, or Send users account details.
This process will allow you to create a new email that has not yet been saved in your site.
To compose the email:
- By default the submissions(s) you selected are added as recipients on the email. If you wish to add additional recipients enter Additional recipients who were not included in the original recipients list. This is not considered a CC and you will not be able to add a CC to this email.
- Review or change the from name and email address. The format of the from address must be "Name <firstname.lastname@example.org>"
- Enter the subject line of your email.
- Include any files up to 5MB by clicking Add attachment and select the file you want to attach from your computer.
- Enter your content and format the message as needed.
- Optional: Add Piping Variables to your emails in order to personalize the emails you are sending to the recipients.
- Optional: Save your email as a template by clicking the Save as template button above the email editor.
After you have composed your email to view your email as it will appear to your recipients click Next: Preview Email. You can also Send a test email to see how the email formatting looks in your email program. If you have Piping Variables the Preview will choose one of the users from your recipient list to preview and you will be able to see the piped in information in the email if it is applicable to that user.
NOTE: The Send a Test Email feature will not send attachments or include Piping Variables. It is simply meant for testing the format of the emails.
When you’re ready for a final review, press Next: Review Recipients. You will be displayed a list of the original recipients that you selected. Your Additional Recipients, if applicable will be displayed above this list with the statement "** Piped values will not be replaced when sending to extra recipients" meaning any piping variables will appear blank within the received email.
If you are satisfied with the email you composed and the list of recipients:
- Click Send Email to deliver your message.
- When all Emails have been successfully sent you will be displayed a screen that says "Your email was sent!"
WARNING! If you are sending a large quantity of emails there may be a delay between the time you click Send Email and when the confirmation appears, as the system works to send your emails. Once the emails have all sent you will then see the confirmation. Please ensure you don't press the Send Email button multiple times as the email will send multiple times and we are unable to stop emails once they have been sent.