Basic reports present data from forms, tasks, metadata and databases connected to your program. Unlike Graphic Reports, you can't cross-analyze the data. Use this report to build profiles for applicants, reviewers, or recommenders in your program. For example, you can build a report that summarizes applicant geographic and demographic information, and includes specific answers from your application forms.
To start a new basic report:
- Click Analyze Results from the left-hand menu.
- Click Report Builder from the list of options.
- Under the Reports title, click the Basic: CSV dropdown.
- Click Basic and select the report format: CSV or XLS.
- Give your report a name and a description.
- Select the datasource from the Source dropdown. For a description of Sources, click here.
- Click Save.
To edit your report name and description:
- Under Basic Information, enter in a name for your report.
- Next to the description, enter in some descriptive text to help you distinguish between reports.
By default, 6 columns appear in your report: submission title, created time, owner, stage, group, and status. You can add more data to your report to create a richer picture.
To add more columns of data to your report:
- Click the Selected dropdown underneath the Columns title.
- Select one or more columns from the left of the modal window.
- Click one or more datasets from the right (to a maximum of 100 selections).
- Click Done
You can also add Indefinite Information by clicking an option from the (none) dropdown. This datasource may take up one or more columns in your spreadsheet. For example, selecting Form Responses will include all form responses in your report.
Filters refine your report by only displaying results that match the criteria you've entered.
To add a filter to your report:
- Click the Please Select dropdown.
- From the General or Variable side on the left, choose a source.
- Select a dataset on the right.
- Complete the remaining fields.
- Click Add Rule to add another condition to your criteria.
Extra options include:
- Show header: Includes the report title and description in the report.
- Split checkboxes: Splits checkbox questions into individual columns.
- Force numeric values: Export numeric-appearing values as floating point (For Excel)
- Use raw sources: Export raw sources opposed to labels when outputting form variables.
- Ungroup data: When checked, the submission title will display once in a column next to the submission's reviewer group.
- MS Access: Export with MicroSoft Access compatibility.
To share your report:
- Customize the report link that you'll send to colleagues.
- Enter a password.
- Check the Daily Reports box to automatically send reports every day.
- If Daily Reports is checked, enter in the email addresses that should receive the Daily Report (enter one address per line).
- Email report recipients the report link and password.