Create a New Form
Forms allow you to collect data from your site’s users including applicants, reviewers, recommenders, and administrators. You can personalize email communications, move applications between rounds, assign applications to reviewers, and prepare summary reports with the data you collect.
Forms are tasks associated with an application round, review round, or user task in your workflow. You can design application forms, reviewer ranking forms, recommendation forms, and even administrator-only forms to be included in your process.
To add a new form task:
- Navigate to the Edit your site tab on the left-hand side of the application.
- Click Workflow designer.
- Next to Add a new task on your workflow, select “Applicants > Fill out a form”, “Reviewers > Rank submissions by ranking forms” or Recommenders > Fill out a form” task type.
- Click Create Task to confirm that task.
- Enter a name and description for your form in the Basic Information tab. The name and description will be visible to your site users.
- Complete the Stage and Group tab, Behaviour tab, and Visibility tab as required.
- Click on the Form tab.
- In this tab, click Create a new blank form. A list of options will appear. Select “Create a new blank form” again to create a new form or select an existing form.
- Click the Save Task button at the bottom of the page.
- In your workflow, scroll down to the form task you created, and click on the bar with the form’s name on it. This will open the form editor where you can build your form. See our documentation on Getting to Know the Form Editor to learn how to use the form building interface.
- In the form editor, drag questions from the left panel and drop them on the message “You haven’t added any questions yet. To get started, drag a question from the left panel onto this area.” See our documentation on Question Types to learn about which questions you should use to collect the data you need.
- To add branching logic, like hiding and showing questions, see our documentation on Question Logic.
- Press Save under the left question panel to save your form.
- Click the Back button in the top right-hand corner of the page to return to your workflow.