Actions specify what data will move between FluidReview and Salesforce and when. It’s the link between an object in FluidReview and an object in Salesforce.
To create a Salesforce action:
- Select Configure your site from the left-hand navigation.
- Click the name of your Salesforce integration.
- Click the Add Action button. This will open a dialogue where you’ll configure the action.
- Choose Push to Salesforce or Pull from Salesforce. Push creates or updates Salesforce fields with submission data. Pull bring in information from Salesforce into a submission, metadata, or form fields.
- Complete the Add Push/Pull Action dialogue.
- Click Save to continue.
The Add Push/Pull Action dialogue is where you'll finish setting up the action. Here is a list of the options to fill out.
- Name: The name of your Salesforce action. Give it a clear name so you can distinguish between actions.
- Initiate when a submission has been: When should FluidReview sync the source object to Salesforce. For advanced sync options, use a trigger action.
- Created: When an applicant creates a submission for the first time.
- Edited: When renaming, completing or editing an applicant task.
- Submitted: When an applicant has pressed the submit button in a stage or round.
Note: If using triggers to determine when a sync should occur, leave “initiate when…” blank. To use Triggers with Salesforce, choose the activation. Under Actions, select Sync with Salesforce. You must have actions created and turned ON in the Salesforce integration to use this action in Triggers. When the Sync with Salesforce action is added, you can then see and select one or more pull or push actions available in the Salesforce integration.
- Select Salesforce object types to push/pull: This is where you’ll select the Salesforce object you want to push or pull data to/from.
- Run when the following fields match: When setting up "pull" rules, certain conditions must exist for the data to sync. For example, if an email field on a Salesforce record matches the email of the user creating the application in FluidReview, then pull in some data from that Salesforce record into the submission.
- Field Mapping: Determines what field in FluidReview map to which field on your Salesforce object.
- Unique: This field is unique when checked. A unique field will update an existing field in Salesforce instead of creating a new one.
- FluidReview Field: Select what data from the submission you want to sync.
- Salesforce Field: Select the field the Salesforce object will push/pull Fluidreview data to.
Note: Some fields must be present so the integration will work. These fields are grey to show that they are important and cannot be removed.
- Default Data: The purpose of the integration is to sync data. Sometimes data doesn't exist because of a blank response or missing metadata. In these cases, you may want to have default data sync in it's place. Required fields (that must pass a specific piece of data for the action to work) must have default data or it will result in no data being sent to Salesforce.
- Press the plus button to add another field mapping.
- File Attachments: Sync attachments as a new Salesforce record. This section will only appear for Salesforce objects that can accept an attachment. You can add one or all attachment types to the Salesforce object.
- Types of attachments:
- Submission Attachments: Applicants have the ability to upload files on the right-hand side of their portal. Any files uploaded in that area will attach to the created object.
- Upload Task: Attaches uploaded documents from applicant upload tasks, like the Upload a Document/Image task.
- Form Upload Question: Attaches uploaded documents from application forms using the File Upload question type.
Your action is on by default. To turn your action off, click the OFF button on the main integration page.
To edit the integration, click the edit icon or the name of the action. To delete the action, click the trash can. To add a new action, click Add Action.