- How to Add Branching Logic
- Available Rule Actions
How to Add Branching Logic
Choose to add Branching Logic if you wish to perform an action within your site based on a given response to a question, this could be a selection to a multiple choice, or checkbox for example, or a specific response to a text response question. In order to add Branching Logic to the form:
- Click the Page tab in the top left corner
- Click the Advanced Branching Wizard button.
- Click the Add Branching Rule button to add a new rule.
- Under the Rule Condition, select a filter from the drop down. The question chosen will trigger the branching rule.
- You may add more than one rule by clicking the Add Rule link.
- Under Rule Actions, click Select an action dropdown.
- Select an action from the list.
- Enter many actions by clicking on the next line that appears after you’ve entered the first action.
- Click Save Rule when you’re done. You will return to the main branching logic page where you can set up more rules. You can drag and drop the existing rules to reorder them in the list to keep them organized.
Every branching logic condition has a quality that will execute when a block has been satisfied. There are 11 rule actions available to help better further assist you in customizing a form to your specific needs.
|Complete the form||
Return to the submission page. This will mark the current task as "Complete".
Based on the Rule Action you can state that when the user selects their responses and attempts to proceed to the next page, they will be redirected out of the form and the task will be marked as complete.
|Terminate the form||
Return to the submission page. This will mark the task as "Incomplete".
Based on the Rule Action you can state that when the user selects their responses and attempts to proceed to the next page, they will be redirected out of the form and the task will be marked as incomplete.
|Hide a question||Based on a response, hide a question from the user's view.|
|Show a question||
Based on a response, show a question to the user's view.
The question selected to Show will automatically be hidden until the Rule Condition has been fulfilled.
|Disable a question||Disabling a question will make it so that its choices and variables cannot be selected, ie. grayed out.|
|Mark as an invalid question||Marking a question as invalid will make it so that an error message appears above that question preventing the user from continuing to the next page or submitting the form. The error message that appears can be customized.|
|Hide a page||Based on a response, hide a page from the user's view.|
|Send an email||Email an individual(s) with a customizable message.|
|Redirect to a URL||Redirect the user to a web site.|
|Mark the response as completed||Tasks are either Incomplete, Pending or Complete. An administrator can mark a specific task "Complete" based on a page or question completion, as opposed to waiting until the user clicks the Submit button at the end of the form.|